Little known facts from the other side of the world:
- Calvin’s a little new to escalators and was a little nervous to use them--much like buddy the elf was.
- In China, Pizza Hut is more like Cheesecake factory, complete with a 20 page menu and long waits. It reminds me of when Taco Bell won the fast food wars on Demolition Man.
- If you’re an important doctor in China, you do NOT wear a shirt under your lab coat as it gets pretty warm in the clinic.
- When checking luggage in China, you may get asked to walk on the conveyer belt and climb behind their desk to help go through your bag. This is normal.
- Never order the hamburger. The color, texture, and taste are terrible.
- The hamburger is the best thing on the menu
Top Ten things overheard in Chinese when we’re around (I’m guessing):
10) “I’m going to need a picture menu over here!”
9) “Should I keep taking pictures of him from behind or ask for a picture?”
8) “Is it me or has he not touched any of the food with eyeballs on his plate?”
7) “You don’t suppose we’re staring at them too much do you?”
6) “I think he was trying to say he wants ice in his water.”
“Don’t be an idiot, give him the warm water.”
5) “That guy is old enough to be her father--Americans--pfff”
4) “Lets talk to the Americans!”
“All I know is ‘Hello”
“That’s good enough, just say it when they walk by and then we’ll giggle”
3) “I’ll bet those weirdos use toilets, soap, and paper towels in their bathrooms-- hahahaha”
2) “I didn’t know Brad Pitt was adopting a chinese boy. (I was short one)
1) “Wow, is that what a Navy SEAL looks like?” (OK, I was short two)